Thursday, May 29, 2008

Home

I'm sitting at my parents' kitchen counter, watching the news in English and thinking I can't believe I'm back! The 11 hour flight from Japan to Chicago was a little long, but United Airlines is nice enough to put tv's in the back of every seat so we can watch movies the whole time. I watched The Bucket list (kind of boring..) part of National Treasure 2 and parts of other ones that I can't remember because I kept dozing. Then came the waiting in line to get through customs in the US..and I was amazed at the amount of yelling and frustration on the part of the airport staff. I've decided I'm not working in any of those job because they must be stressful.

Life in Tokyo is reported to be one of the most expensive in the world, so coming home amazed me! Everything is so much cheaper! Even gas, but I'm not looking forward to filling up.

Jet lag is a bummer, but I'm doing my best to fight it by staying awake until 11 pm (virtually impossible!!)

I feel like I missed out on a lot! We got new $5. That's cool. American Idol is finished and America now has yet another Idol. Neat. Mmm...that's about it.

No comments: