Saturday, May 24, 2008


I leave in 3 days. That's crazy. I started packing today. That has proved nearly impossible because I just have too much stuff. I'm leaving a big stack of clothes here, and hopefully will be under the weight limit on both suitcases.

The past week was spent living in a hostel and being a complete tourist around the former capital-Kyoto. Google it if you get a chance. It's full of really really old (like from the 500's) temples and shrines and other touristy things. I quickly figured out the bus system and cruised around making friends with a lot of elderly Asian travelers. I also completely filled my memory card on my camera.

Today all I did was sleep and pack. I need to withdraw some money (because I am completely out...oops) and get some food for the next couple of days, and get a couple pictures printed as gifts..but I just couldn't leave the apartment! Haha. Tomorrow I'm meeting Yoko for church then to Harajuku and will spend the day with her. I can't believe I already have to say goodbye! Monday will be my last day at school where I have to give a speech in Japanese to the teachers (oh dear, my pronunciation is terrible!) and then the native teachers are taking Jenna and I to an Indian restaurant in Matsudo. Tuesday I'll wake up, finish packing, and head to the airport. Again, I can't believe it's over already!! The next post will most likely be from home if I remember to update this thing at all. I'm really bad about forgetting this exists.

No comments: