Thursday, November 1, 2007

I walked out of Crusade tonight and saw a surreal picture on the plaza. Students, adults, children no more than three on their knees while a choir sang and catholic priests and people gathered to celebrate All Saints Day I'm assuming. As the choir rang out their chorus in lovely harmony, I had to stop and wonder if they knew anymore than I did what they were singing. What did the words mean? I wonder if it was a praise to the Lord.

I couldn't believe how peaceful and quiet that plaza was. Highly uncommon for a Thursday night. However, this was not a peace that fills the soul and comforts the heart, bringing rest. Sadness filled my soul and I had to walk quickly to my room before I dared allow tears to come. My heart broke for those who know not the God they praise..I'm not speaking of anyone in particular, not of this group or any particular group. God broke my heart for the religious persons out there who can't make the knowledge connect with their heart and soul. I cry not because I feel sorry for them, I cry because I was one. I cry because I understand. I cry because I know.

God's heart breaks for his lost sheep. The indescribable anguish in my soul tonight can only reflect a minute portion of our Father's agony at the state of hearts today.

Oh Lord, let the morning bring us word of Your unfailing love. Show us the way we should go, for to You we lift up our souls.

Psalm 143:8

No comments: